Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Morning Dew

Two blocks away from mine, lives a little adorable Angel. Divine and Beautiful :) With rich brown tone, those sparkling black eyes, that sweet cherry smile, she breezes through as refreshing as morning dew, as if this moment, was to last forever more. Like she would always be the 'pampered princess', to her doting parents. Like she would always hold her innocent charm. There is no worry, no caution or fear, just the joy of being. No expectations, no failure, just this strange, quirky world to be explored.

As she waits for her school van, holding her mother's hand, all pretty and ribboned in red, never once has she failed to look at me. And when she does, she gives me a smile of recognition, of welcome and warmth. And there, that moment, she holds my attention like none other. I lose myself and become her, a child, who can care less!

A fine Monday, she asked how her new bottle looked. Honestly! never harbored a liking to anything pink or Barbie-ish, but yes! I complemented as generously as I could. In return, she gave me a sheepish chuckle and opened her square, brown, buckled, rather tarted school bag and returned a bright pink pencil box. With all the gloss, I figured it was new too. She handed it over and smiled, "matching ! matching !!". I could not help, but smile right back :)

And then it was as usual. She narrated her 'day to be', until the school van arrived and whisked her away. As I bid farewell to my little friend, I asked myself 'When was the last time, I took pleasure in little things?'.

Life, at times, is cruel. Like some evil alter ego, determined to get sucked dry of sanity. Sometimes tragedy snowballs one after another and thinking just stops. Despite efforts; intense and tireless, there is no joy at meeting ends. Like things are rolled because they need to. You are lost, if you do not understand or appreciate why your doing, whatever your doing... Chasing anything, at the cost of happiness is an outright pity. 

But sometimes, this is precisely what we are humbled down to. Caught amidst the cobwebs of life, time drops dead. The pompous zeal of innocence gives way to submission.

And still ! there is a soul within, that lives by Hope, of making Life, more meaningful and sound. Of acting on Impulse rather than Customs.

I realize now, that people never grow up. They just learn to 'behave' in public. A little, careless child rests in all of us. A little indulgence, a little fun can go a long way in making life as worthy as it should be. And so, I recount, never shun away from what really nurtures you. Brooding has never eased problems and therefore, Relax, Breathe and for this moment, Rejoice your Worth. :)

4 comments:

  1. You have brought out the innocence in you very well. :) Agree with you.. In all that we work for, we fail to live. I think we just need to be glad about having "fresh morning dew" around us to remind time and again! :) Good one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. its so hard to express oneself like tis! anyone would relate to tis!! its an awesomely sweet piece of riting.... simple but deep... keep it coming...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this was really good.. sometimes i feel like i need to go back to my childhood days, when i acted on what i wanted rather than what i told..
    Thanks for giving me my old days :)

    ReplyDelete