Friday, August 3, 2018

wilting branches

Its too bright, I squint, my thoughts a din.
I roll back and slush my breath onto the warm throws of a kind of comfort..
Its still too bright.. what time is it? does it matter? Its been still forever..
The tired mornings and the dragging mid days..
a wee bit of hope surfaces in the evening..
only to be reminded by the lonely pits of night..
that I might just age in a limbo.

Like a spectator of my own life..
sometimes agitated by a myriad of emotions, I don't really comprehend.
But mostly just watching silently,
as everything I imagined of life slips away..

I blink, there are no tears.
I stare at the neglected plants,
wilting away in the sun,
the leaves have turned yellow..
the branches have sloped..
hey..its dying..
Am I dying?

With no intention to live, to wake up, to move,
to do anything with any amount of interest..
like there is no life in this living..
I am indeed.. dying..
what's that, I broke a tear.. !

I sit up and tear down the dying branches of the stalk,
like by doing that its no longer a remainder of its corpse-ly state..
Oh my neck hurts and my back too, I haven't really moved for days..
I stand up, there is definitely a headache and some hunger..
I hope the bread has not turned stale.

I drink a glass of water and another.
I bring over the third and pour it onto the plant I almost uprooted.
The pot soaked it up so there was no percolation below.
I added some more water..
If its still alive, maybe it will sprout a leaf in few days..

I realize I just did something different,
I had not watered my plants or what's left of it now, in weeks..
Its nothing in the scale of progress, but its certainly something.
Time is no longer looping or being stagnant..
Maybe tomorrow I could do something more..
Maybe tomorrow will be better than today,
like today has already been better than yesterday..

1 comment: